Exploring Colloquial Word Usage in a Text
This recipe takes a text and explores the use of colloquial words within it using tools such as Aggregate, Concordance, Co-occurrence and Collocation.
- An Aggregate Text Tool such as TAPoR Googlizer
- An electronic text to explore
- A specific colloquial term of interest
- A List Words Tool such as Voyant Corpus Term Frequencies
- A Concordance tool such as Voyant Document KWICs
- A Collocation tool such as Voyant Links
- A Co-occurrence tool such as the TAPoR Co-occurrence Tool
- Login to the TAPoR portal;
- Generate an Aggregate text by supplying search terms to an aggregation tool such as TAPoR Googlizer;
- Save the results to the Databench;
- List the words by frequency in the Aggregate text using a tool such as Voyant Corpus Term Frequencies.
- Explore more frequently returned words using a tool such as Voyant Document KWICs.
Next steps / further information
Submitted by sondheim on Sat, 02/26/2011 - 00:00